December 25, 2020
Plant-Based Peanut Butter Mousse
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Crowded Kitchen.
If you like peanut butter- you need to try this heavenly peanut butter mousse!
Whipped with fresh, creamy peanut butter made in the NutraMilk and a chocolate ganache layer that is to die for! Enjoy!
- ⅓ cup vegan cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- ¾ cup peanut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ cups store-bought vegan whipped cream + more for topping
For chocolate ganache layer (optional)
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
For topping: chocolate shavings, crushed peanuts.
- Start by making the peanut butter and setting aside.
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment (or using an electric mixer), whip together cream cheese, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla and salt until smooth and creamy. Add in the whipped cream and beat on medium for about 5 minutes, or until the mousse is light, fluffy and pale.
- Meanwhile, whisk together all ingredients for chocolate ganache until smooth.
- Spoon mousse into a jar and (optional) layer with chocolate. Top with more whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- Enjoy right away or refrigerate for up to 24 hours.