January 16, 2021
Chocolate Nut Butter Footballs
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Check out these cute chocolate footballs for your next football party!
Choose your your favorite nut butter for the filing, chocolate of choice, a few more ingredients and you have a mouthwatering snack or dessert that’s super simple to make.
- 1¼ cup GF oat flour*
- 1½ cups peanut butter or other nut butter of choice made with the NutraMilk
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ tsp salt
- 200g dark non-dairy chocolate
- small amount of white icing for piping
- Making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Place the oat flour, maple syrup and salt into NutraMilk with the 1 ½ cups of peanut butter and press butter for a few minutes until it forms a dough.
- Form football shapes approximately 1 1/2-inches long and transfer to the fridge while you melt the chocolate.
- In a bain marie (a glass bowl sitting over a saucepan of water), melt the chopped chocolate, stirring frequently.
- Once melted, take the peanut butter balls out of the fridge and dip each one into the chocolate to coat the entire ball. Place back onto a greaseproof paper. This can easily be done with two forks.
- Once chocolate dipped peanut butter footballs have firmed up, pipe on lace details with white icing using a fine pastry tip if you have one. Let icing harden. Cover until ready to serve. If making ahead cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!