September 07, 2020
Frozen Chocolate Nut Butter Banana Bites
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Here is another way to enjoy banana, fresh nut butter and chocolate.
When you choose a good quality dark chocolate, fresh nut butter made with the NutraMilk and organic bananas- you have your self a healthy snack that provides all the right nutrients: lots of antioxidants and minerals from the dark chocolate; vitamins from the banana; fiber, healthy-fats, protein and more vitamins and minerals from the nut butter. Enjoy!
For banana bites
- 2 bananas, sliced evenly
- 2 tbsp. almond butter or favorite nut butter made with the NutraMilk
- ½ cup dark chocolate chopped or chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. Coconut oil
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making almond butter
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Slice bananas evenly. Arrange half of the sliced bananas over parchment paper. And set the other slices aside.
- Spoon a small amount in to each of the banana slices you arranged on parchment paper and cover with the other banana slices you set aside making banana sandwiches. Freeze for two hours.
- Melt chocolate either in the microwave for about 30 seconds bursts, stirring in between each, until chocolate is fully melted (watch carefully so the chocolate doesn't burn) or use a double boiler.
- One by one, dip them in the melted chocolate and using two forks, "roll" them in chocolate to cover all sides. Or you can also cover just half of the banana bites for less chocolate. Place them over parchment paper.
- Place the chocolate covered bites back in the freezer until set. Enjoy!