October 04, 2020
Fried Cinnamon Apples
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Simply Whisked.
For fried cinnamon apples
- 6 – 8 apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar or equivalent amount of sweetener of choice*
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil or a neutral oil
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 tsp. cornstarch or 4 tsp. tapioca starch (optional)
- Ice cream of choice (optional)
- Nut butter of choice made with the NutraMilk (I used peanut butter and almond butter)
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Combine apples, sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon in a large bowl and stir to until the apples evenly coated.
- Heat a large skillet to medium. Add oil and apple mixture. Allow apples to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
- Stir the cold water and cornstarch together in a separate bowl or container. Add to the pan and stir until evenly distributed.
- Allow the apples to continue cooking, until the liquid has thickened and apples are soft – about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with nut butter and any additional toppings of choice.
- Serve apples in a bowl topped with a scoop of your favorite ice cream and top with nut butter or skip the ice cream for a lower calorie & healthier treat and use a creamy nut butter.
*If you are on a paleo, keto, whole 30 or any sugar free diet- use stevia, monk fruit sweetener, Swerve or approved sweetener. Omit the ice cream.