December 23, 2020
Sweet Pea & Mint Pesto
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by From Scratch Fast.
A natural sweet twist on pesto thanks to our fresh cashew butter made with the NutraMilk plus the combination of peas and fresh mint make this pesto variation bright, bold and hearty.
This tasty pesto will brighten any pasta, salad, roasted veggies or dish of choice and add loads of healthy nutrients such as fiber, heart-healthy fats, plant-protein, zinc, magnesium as well as other minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. Enjoy!
- 2 1/4 cups fresh or frozen sweet peas (1 10-ounce bag frozen peas)
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup cashew nut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
For cashew butter
- 2 cups (300g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making cashew butter
- Place cashews and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Leave ¼ cup of cashew butter in the NutraMilk for pesto and store the rest for later use.
- Cook peas if they are fresh- or let thaw out on the counter if using frozen peas.
- Place all ingredients in the NutraMilk. Process to a paste. Taste and season with additional salt, pepper and/or lemon juice, if needed. Enjoy!