Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Cookie & Kate.
If you haven´t heard or tried peanut soup before, your in for a real treat! Inspired by a traditional soup recipe from West Africa, this soup is creamy, comforting and warming. Packed with hearty ingredients like protein-rich peanuts, vitamin & mineral rich kale, and other nourishing veggies. Enjoy!
To find out all health benefits that peanut have to offer click here.
- 4 cups vegetable broth made with the NutraMilk (or store-bought)
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 bunch collard greens (or kale), ribs removed and leaves chopped into 1-inch strips
- ¾ cup peanut butter made with the NutraMilk
- ½ cup tomato paste
- Hot sauce, like sriracha (AKA rooster sauce)
- ¼ cup roughly chopped peanuts, for garnish
- Cooked brown rice, for serving (optional) omit of paleo/keto
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Start by making the peanut butter and set aside.
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Combine the broth and water in a medium Dutch oven or stock pot. Bring the mixture to a boil, then add the onion, ginger, garlic and salt. Cook on medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
- In a medium-sized, heat-safe mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter and tomato paste, then transfer 1 to 2 cups of the hot stock to the bowl. Whisk the mixture together until smooth, then pour the peanut mixture back into the soup and mix well.
- Stir in the collard greens and season the soup with hot sauce to taste.
- Simmer for about 15 more minutes on medium-low heat, stirring often. Season with additional salt or hot sauce if desired. Serve over cooked brown rice if you’d like, and top with a sprinkle of chopped peanuts.