Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Here is a way to enjoy all the healthy nutrients of cauliflower in a creamy and delicious way.
Made with a creamy cashew based sauce in the NutraMilk, this recipe is completely plant-based and gluten-free. Enjoy!
Check out all the health benefit of cashew milk, here.
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. vegan butter
- 4 tbsp. gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cashew milk made with the NutraMilk
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast, divided
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs (gluten-free)
- Chopped parsley for garnish
For cashew milk
- 1 cup (150g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For cashew Milk
- Start by making fresh cashew milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place cashews in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Press Start and open spigot to fill your storage container.
- Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange cauliflower florets on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Toss well and roast for 15-20 minutes until florets are tender and browned. Remove from oven and reduce heat to 375 degrees F.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add the GF flour and whisk for 1 minute. Pour the cashew milk and 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast into the saucepan. Let it come to a boil while whisking constantly until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in black pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Transfer roasted cauliflower florets to a greased baking dish. Pour the sauce evenly on top. Sprinkle remaining nutritional yeast and GF Panko breadcrumbs evenly over the top. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until top is browned. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Recipe inspired by Calafia Farms.