September 10, 2021
Vegan Jalapeño Poppers
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Kelly Jones Nutrition.
The perfect appetizer or game day snack for those who love a little spice!
We have filled these with a sweet creamy combination of healthy ingredients that pair perfectly with spicy jalapeños. Enjoy!
Check out the health benefits of cashews, here.
- ½ cup cashew butter made with the NutraMilk
- 3 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 small white onion, diced
- 1/3 cup pre-cooked sweet potato
- 1/3 cup jarred roasted red pepper
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8-10 jalapeños halved and seeds removed
For cashew butter
- 2 cups (300g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Start by taking cashew butter
- Place cashews and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat a small pan over low-med and add garlic, onion. Cover and cook 1-2 minutes, then add a splash of water and cover quickly to de-glaze pan and speed the cooking process.
- Let cook for 3-5 more minutes, stirring occasionally, until they become browned in color but not burnt.
- Add sweet potato, roasted red pepper, cashew butter, garlic and onion, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper to the NutraMilk.
- Process until a thick “cheesy” mixture forms. If it seems too thick, add water or broth 1 tbsp. at a time.
- Spoon mixture into the halved jalapenos and bake in oven in a baking dish for 20 minutes.
- Increase oven temp to 425 degrees and cook an additional 5-10 minutes, depending on texture preference. Enjoy!