October 20, 2021
Butternut Squash & Arugula Salad with Pecans, Cranberries & Balsamic Brazil Nut Vinaigrette
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
This salad is full of fall flavors! It´s a great choice as a side dish to add to your Thanksgiving table or any winter holiday menu. Made with a creamy almond butter based vinaigrette that adds extra flavor. Enjoy!
- 3 cups of butternut squash, roasted
- 4 cups of arugula or other greens such as spinach or kale
- 1 cup pecan halves or other nuts such as walnuts
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup brazil nut butter (or sub almond or cashew butter) made with the NutraMilk
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 5 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup (optional)
- 5 tbsp. stoneground mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt, or to taste
- 2–4 tbsp. water, to thin for desired consistency
For brazil nut butter
- 2 cups raw Brazil nuts (270 g)
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making brazil nut butter
- Place Brazil nuts and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid. If necessary, set for an additional 1 minute for a creamier.
- For dressing: Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk until smooth and desired consistency is reached. Add more water for a thinner consistency.
- In a large bowl, combine 3 cups of roasted butternut squash (cubed), all arugula leaves, ⅔ cup of pecans, ½ cup cranberries and pumpkin seeds.
- Gently toss with dressing.
- Top with remaining pecans & cranberries. Enjoy!