February 18, 2022
Gluten-Free Dinner Rolls
Dairy-free, gluten-free dinner rolls that are soft, super tasty, easy and quick to make. They are ideal to complement any main dish but also can be used as sandwich bread or as a breakfast or snack with a delicious homemade nut or seed butter spread made in the NutraMilk. Enjoy!
- 3 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 ½ tsp. xanthan gum, leave out if your flour already has it in it
- 1 ¾ tsp. rapid yeast/instant yeast
- 1 ¼ cups warm milk (110°F-115°F), dairy-free - use almond, cashew or coconut milk made with the NutraMilk
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened, regular or dairy-free
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsps. unsalted butter, melted (regular or dairy free)
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For almond Milk
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with almond milk.
- In a large bowl add the gluten-free all-purpose flour, buckwheat flour, salt, and xanthan gum (leave out if your flour already has it).
- Add the yeast to the gluten-free flour mix by making a little hole with your finger in the flour and pour the yeast into the hole.
- Warm the milk to 110°F-115°F. If your milk is too hot it will kill the yeast. Pour warm milk over the yeast.
- Add the softened butter, eggs, apple cider vinegar, and honey to the bowl and mix until fully combined. (2-3 minutes). The dough will be sticky.
- Spray two 9 inch cake/pie pans with gluten-free cooking spray. You can use metal pans or a glass pan.
- Using an ice cream scoop place the dough balls into the pans. Spray your ice cream scoop with gluten-free cooking spray to help the dough not stick.
- Take a small spatula and smooth out the tops of the dough.
- You should have 8 dough balls around each pan and 1 dough ball in the center. This recipe makes 18 rolls.
- Cover the pans with a kitchen towel and allow to rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Pre-heat your oven to 400°F.
- Bake the rolls on the middle rack for 14-16 minutes. They will turn a nice golden light brown. Please watch your oven because all ovens are different. The temperature of the rolls, it should measure 200°F internally.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and brush the tops of the rolls before serving. Alternatively you can brush with egg yolk before cooking. Enjoy!
- The rolls are best when eaten warm. If you have any left-overs store in an air-tight container and reheat before eating.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Mama Knows Gluten Free.