February 18, 2022
Almond Keto Bread
No need to go without bread when you are on a low-carb diet. This grain-free bread is made with only a few nutritious ingredients and is super easy to make. It's high in protein and has loads of nutrients from the almond flour, almond milk and flaxseed meal.
Check out all the health benefits that almonds provide, here.
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ⅓ cup flaxseed meal
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk made with the NutraMilk
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For almond Milk
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with almond milk.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a loaf pan lightly.
- Mix almond flour, flaxseed meal, eggs, almond milk, olive oil, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl until smooth dough forms. Transfer to prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until top is golden brown, about 40 minutes. Cool in loaf pan 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Allrecipes.