August 22, 2020
Macadamia Baba Ganoush
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Australian Macadamias.
This eggplant-based dip is full of flavor, complexity and depth. It´s gluten-free, oil-free, low-carb, paleo, keto & vegan. The addition of macadamia butter is the secret ingredient that makes this Baba Ganoush so good. We love macadamias because have a rich, buttery flavor which adds the perfect creamy texture to this dip and they are a superfood for your heart. Loaded with heart-healthy nutrients such as the amino acid l-arginine, plant-sterols, phytochemicals/antioxidants, fiber and monounsaturated fats. Enjoy!
For Baba Ganoush
- 1 large eggplant
- 3 tbsp. macadamia nut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Zest of half lemon
For macadamia nut butter
- 2 cups (270g) raw macadamia nuts
For macadamia garlic butter
- 1 head of garlic, roasted
- 1/3 cup macadamia butter made with the NutraMilk
- ¼ tsp salt
- Start by making fresh macadamia nut butter with the NutraMilk:
- Place macadamia nuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 4-5 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid. If necessary, set for an additional minute for a creamier butter.
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and turn broiler on (high heat). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place eggplants onto the baking sheet and prick in several places using a fork. This helps steam escape while the eggplants roast. Broil eggplants 2 minutes on all sides. The skin will darken a little and begin to smell smoky, adding lots of flavor to the dip.
- Turn broiler off, but do not remove eggplants from the oven. Heat oven to 375 degrees F, and then roast eggplants until very soft; 25 to 30 minutes. Cool 10 to 15 minutes until easily handled.
- Throw in the full head of garlic wrapped in foil as well for 25-30 min for garlic butter. Once done- let cool- garlic will slide right out of skin. Mix with macadamia butter and salt for a delicious bruschetta spread.
- Cut eggplants in half with a knife and scooping out the flesh.
- Place in the NutraMilk with the rest of the ingredients process until just smooth.
- You can serve with macadamia garlic butter on toast and top with arugula and cherry tomatoes. You can also use as a sauce for falafels, as a veggie dip or on pretty much on anything. Enjoy!