July 17, 2020
Greek Skordalia (Creamy Almond & Garlic Dip) by Abby's Food Court
Images and recipe by Abby's Food Court
*Serving 1 Cup
- 1 Cup almonds, toasted
- 1 Cup cooked chickpeas
- ½ Cup oats
- 6 Cloves garlic
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ - ¾ Cup extra virgin olive oil
- Water to mix
- Add the almonds to a pan and toast. Watch them carefully and toss them frequently or else they will burn! (Do not trust the voice in your head that says you can walk away!)
- Place the toasted almonds in the NutraMilk blend on the Butter cycle for 6 minutes until you have creamy almond butter.
- Add the chickpeas, oats, garlic, and a little salt into the NutraMilk and set on Butter cycle for 2 minutes.
- Add vinegar and 1/2 the oil and blend on the Butter setting for 2 minutes. Add the rest of the olive oil and blend on Butter setting until smooth.
- Serve with crunchy vegetables (celery, carrots, peppers) or crackers.
See full recipe here: https://www.abbysfoodcourt.com/recipes/greek-skordalia-creamy-almond-garlic-dip