January 16, 2021
Baked Vegan Buffalo Dip
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe adapted from Veggies Don´t Bite.
This rich and creamy buffalo dip makes a perfect appetizer for your next party!
Its so warm, flavorful, rich, filling and full all the nutrients you want (heart-healthy fats, protein, loads of fiber, minerals,vitamins and antioxidants) to dip your veggies, crackers/bread or chips in it. Enjoy!
For the cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower, medium sized
- ½ cup buffalo cayenne pepper hot sauce of choice (you can also used some oil and spices to coat cauliflower)
For the dip:
- 1 cup cooked potato, about 1 medium potato
- ½ cup cashew butter made with the NutraMilk
- ½ cup cooked white beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup cashew milk made with the NutraMilk
- ¼ cup veggie broth store bought or homemade
- ¼ cup buffalo cayenne pepper hot sauce of choice
- ¼ of a medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
For cashew butter and milk
- 2 cups (300g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- 1 quart (946ml) water for milk
- Making cashew butter and milk
- Place cashews and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Take out ½ cup of cashew butter for recipes and leave the rest for milk.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Press Start and open spigot to fill your storage container.
- Preheat oven to 450°F/230°C.
- Chop cauliflower and mix with ½ cup hot sauce until fully coated and spread out on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes until slightly crisp. After baking it should be about 3 cups cauliflower (easier to measure after baking as it is softer and fits into a measuring cup easier).
- Lower oven temp to 350°F/180°C.
Making the sauce:
- Cook potato and onion by boiling until soft. Drain.
- Place all sauce ingredients into the NutraMilk and blend until smooth. Then pour into a large bowl. You can throw in baked cauliflower an process for a few seconds here if you prefer smaller pieces.
- Put baked cauliflower into the bowl with the sauce and mix well.
- Pour into a baking dish, small baking ramekins or casserole bowls.
- Bake at 350°F/180°C for 15-20 minutes. Check at 15 minutes and see if it has formed a nice firm layer on the top. Everything is cooked already so no need to worry about the cauliflower cooking, but you want it nice and heated all the way through. Keep in mind it will cook a little more as it is cooling.
- Enjoy nice and warm with your favorite tortilla chips, celery, veggies or crackers!