Images and recipe by Alphafoodie
*Servings Party Platter amount
This pumpkin spice hummus only needs few ingredients, is easy, gluten-free and is a super healthy vegan snack!
- 2 cups soaked cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice mix
- pinch of salt
- 1 lemon
- Veggies (red, yellow and orange peppers and carrots)
- black olives if you would like to make a lion fun platter
- Begin by washing the outside of your pumpkin and then chopping it into wedges.
- Using a spoon, scoop out all the stringy flesh and seeds ( The pumpkin seeds can be kept to be roasted too!). At this point preheat your oven to 170C.
- Lightly brush the pumpkin slices with the oil and season with salt then bake in the oven till the pumpkin is tender and soft, to touch. This takes around 40 minutes, although check at 30 and go from there.
- Leave to cool slightly and then blend in the Nutramilk, till smooth. I left the skin on as it was soft, however, you can peel it off, if wanted.
- Once this pumpkin puree mix is ready, it's as simple as adding the rest of the hummus ingredients into the food processor and blending till smooth. I used Homemade 2-ingredient Tahini and pumpkin spice mix*, however you can use store-bought if wanted.
- I then suggest serving this as a platter with lots of fresh, raw veggies. I've suggested using a selection of peppers and carrots. I also used some black olives to make this cheeky Lion King inspired Lion face hummus platter.
See full recipe and tips here: https://www.alphafoodie.com/easy-pumpkin-spice-hummus/
View this post on Instagram
What's your favorite Disney movie? If I have to pick one, it would certainly be TheLionKing ! I had so much fun creating The Lion King inspired recipes that are perfect for this Halloween season. Check my stories for detailed steps on how to create this fun, healthy and yummy Lion King Halloween hummus and mini crispy salad in baby edible pumpkin cups. The @lionking is available now on Digital and Blu-ray - link in stories! [ad]