May 21, 2020
Creamy Strawberry Dessert Hummus
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
A quick, delicious, and nutritious snack! It easy to make and takes only a few ingredients. The addition of almond butter made with the NutraMilk, smooth’s out the hummus, contributing to a creamy texture and a rich nutty flavor. Dessert hummus can be enjoyed as a dip with fruits and crackers, spread on toast, used as a topping over oatmeal, yogurt, ect. There are many ways to enjoy!
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For dessert hummus
- 1 cup chickpeas, canned or cooked
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries
- 1/3 cup pitted Medjool dates (if they are not soft, soak them in filtered water for 10 minutes and drain well)
- 1/2 cup almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Making almond butter
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Leave 1/2 cup in the NutraMilk and store the rest for later use.
- Add all dessert hummus ingredients to the NutraMilk along with the almond butter and press ¨Mix¨ until all ingredients mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Top with fresh strawberries, chopped almonds, or any other ingredients you desire. Serve with fresh fruit, crackers, toasts, etc. Enjoy!