March 12, 2021
Peanut Butter Puffs Cereal
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Rachel Mansfield.
These are a copy cat version of Reese´s Puffs cereal but made with just a few healthy ingredients! They are vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and filled with all the goodies kids need (protein and healthy fats from peanut butter, fiber rich carbs from oat flour, magnesium and antioxidants from cacao powder and much more).
Get your kids involved in the easy process of making these by preparing and rolling the dough in the puff balls– They will love to eat this delicious cereal they made with their own hands.
Serve with your favorite fresh plant-based milk made with the NutraMilk!
- 1 flax egg (or 1 egg)
- 1 tbsp. liquid coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter make with the NutraMilk
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 tbsp. cacao powder
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and grease or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together egg or flax egg, oil, maple syrup, peanut butter and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour and baking powder until a dough forms.
- Add 1/2 the dough to a smaller bowl and mix in the cacao powder.
- Roll about 1-2 teaspoons of batter into your hand for each the peanut butter cookie and the chocolate peanut butter cookie and add to baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes then let it cool for a few and enjoy with favorite cereal.