Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Spabettie.
I love this pancake recipe! It´s dairy, egg, soy, oil and gluten-free. It sneaks some spinach in there to give it a bright color and loads of nutrition. The best thing about them is that they can be sweet or savory. Enjoy them as you would any traditional pancake with maple syrup and nut butter or use them to make savory gluten-free sandwiches with your choice of filling. Enjoy!
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. flax seed, fresh ground
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3/4- 1 cup plant-based milk made with the NutraMIlk (I used almond milk)
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
For almond Milk
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with almond milk.
- In mixing bowl, whisk together flour, flax seed, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using the NutraMilk or a hand blender, process spinach, milk, and lemon juice until smooth, with no spinach pieces remaining.
- Add spinach mixture to the dry ingredients. Fold together until just combined.
- Place griddle on stovetop over medium low heat. (For a bright green pancake, low heat is better.) Add dairy free butter or oil.
- Wait until butter is melted and griddle is heated to pour pancake batter (about a 3-inch circle). Wait for bubbles to appear before flipping.