March 31, 2021
Pecan Coffee Cake Overnight Oats
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by American Pecans.
Pecans are nutritional powerhouses! They are packed with multiple health-promoting nutrients and bioactive compounds. This recipe has pecans all over it. We made a vanilla cinnamon pecan milk to soak the overnight oats and a pecan butter to add a delicious creamy layer to this nutritious breakfast, snack or dessert! Enjoy!
- 2 cups raw pecans for milk & butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1 shot of expresso or 1 cup of brewed coffee (optional)
- 2 tbsp. + 1 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups GF oats
- 6 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- small handful of pecans for topping
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread the pecans out evenly on a parchment-lined pan and toast for 15 minutes, until golden brown and fragrant.
- For roasted pecan butter
- Place pecans and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set 4-5 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open container lid. If, necessary, set for an additional 4-5 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Take out half of pecan butter and set aside (you will use 1-2 tbsp. in the overnight oats-store the rest for later use).
- For coffee pecan milk
- Open the container lid, add water, 2 tbsp. coconut sugar, vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change this default time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Press Start and open spigot to fill your storage container.
- If you want to use coffee- mix expresso or brewed coffee into 2 cups of pecan milk.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats and chia seeds. Pour about 2 -3 cups of pecan milk (or mix of coffee & pecan milk) over oats and chia; stir.
- Roughly chop the remaining whole toasted pecans and add to a small bowl 2ith 1 tablespoons coconut sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and avocado oil. Stir to create a crumble topping.
- Store overnight oats mixture in the refrigerator separately from crumble topping. When ready to serve- Fill glass half way with overnight oats, add a layer of pecan butter (1tbsp), fill the rest of the glass with overnight oats, top the overnight oats generously with the crumble. Overnight oats will be ready after 1 hour, or when chia seeds have become gelatinous, and will last in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.