December 24, 2020
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe from Minimalist Baker.
We love this simple recipe from the Minimalist Baker, it just goes to show how easy it is to make healthy homemade granola. We used our fresh peanut butter made in minutes with the NutraMilk to add that delicious nutty peanut butter flavor and all the nutrients peanuts offer to start off your day. Enjoy!
- 3 heaping cups rolled oats (gluten-free for GF eaters)
- 2 Tbsp. organic cane sugar (or sub granulated)
- 1/4 cup olive, avocado, or melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup peanut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave nectar (or sub honey if not vegan)
- 1/3 cup dairy-free dark or bittersweet chocolate chips (minis would work great, too!)
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees F (171 C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats and sugar. (Note: this helps add an extra crispiness to the final product and sweetens it up a bit more. But if you're sugar conscious, it's optional).
- Warm peanut butter, oil, and maple syrup or agave in a small skillet or saucepan until thoroughly combined and pourable.
- Pour over oats and quickly toss/stir to combine. If it appears too wet, add more oats.
- Spread evenly on a large baking sheet (or two small baking sheets) and bake for 18-22 minutes, or until evenly golden brown. Watch closely as it tends to brown quickly near the end. IMPORTANT: Toss once around the 15-minute mark to ensure even baking.
- Remove from oven, toss gently to release heat and let cool completely on the pan.