Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by My Recipes.
Get into the holiday spirit with these delicious peanut butter wreaths. You can enjoy these as a dessert, snack or a breakfast. Peanut butter is one option but you can use your favorite nut butter to make it your own! It´s a great way to include health-boosting nuts in your diet.
- 3 cups Purely Elizabeth´s Apple, Cinnamon & Pecan superfood Oatmeal (you can also use any type of oats)
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup (4 oz.) unsalted vegan butter (or regular butter)
- ½ cup plant-based milk of choice made with the NutraMilk
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Red and green candy-coated chocolate pieces (such as M&M’S)
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread oats in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until oats turn light brown and have a strong, nutty aroma, 8 to 10 minutes, stirring once after 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk together granulated sugar, butter, milk, and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium until combined. Let mixture come to a boil; boil, undisturbed, 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter, vanilla, and salt until combined. Stir in oats. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Drop tablespoonful’s of oat mixture onto prepared baking sheets. Using your fingers, make a hole in the center of each cookie (to look like a wreath). Decorate with chocolate pieces. Let cookies cool until set, about 30 minutes.