December 24, 2020
Homemade Paleo Granola
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Grain-free granola! No problem. Choose a mix of nuts and seeds, a nut or seed butter made with the NutraMilk, and sweetener of choice. Mix all together, bake and there you have it! A healthy homemade granola with wholesome ingredients you know and choose! Make your recipe paleo, keto and/or vegan friendly! Get creative and enjoy!
- 1 ½ cup mix of nuts and seeds (I used what I had on hand: almonds, walnuts, cashews, brazil nuts, hazelnuts, pecans, sunflower seeds)
- 1/4 cup cashew butter made with the NutraMilk
- ¼ cup almond flour (optional)
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup or liquid sweetener of choice (choose monk fruit sweetener if keto)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
For cashew butter
- 2 cups (300g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Start by making cashew butter
- Place cashews and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Set aside 1/4 cup cashew butter for granola and store the rest for later use.
To make the granola:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine the all nuts and seeds, salt and almond flour if you choose to use it.
- In another bowl, combine the coconut oil, cashew butter, honey, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the nuts. Stir well to combine. Pour the mixture on the baking sheet and press into one even layer.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned all over. Remove the granola from the oven and let it cool completely. Once cool, break the granola into small, bite-size pieces.