January 28, 2021
Almond Butter Biscotti
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Cheers Boo.
Crunchy, nutty, sweet, completely gluten free and dairy free! This biscotti recipe is a dream for anyone that likes almonds! It´s perfect for breakfast, snack and my favorite is to dunk into coffee, soaking up all the flavor that melts in your mouth when you take a bite. Enjoy!
For more information about all the goodies that almonds offer click here.
- ½ cup of coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp. date syrup or other liquid sweetener (honey, maple syrup, etc)
- ½ cup almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups almond flour made with the NutraMilk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Chocolate almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- Chopped almonds
- Making almond butter
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Preheat oven to 350 F (170 C).
- Mix together coconut sugar, date syrup and almond butter.
- In a separate bowl mix eggs and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture to almond butter mixture.
- Now add flour, baking powder and salt to the almond butter mixture.
- With wet hands - (because dough is sticky) form dough into a log ( 12 inches longish by 4 inches wide by ½ inch thick) on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 25 min.
- Take out log and let rest for 15 min.
- To make chocolate almond butter- add desired amount cacao powder (approx. 1 tsp for 1/2 cup of almond butter and sweetener of choice. Add a little water to thin and whisk till combined.
- Cut biscotti, drizzle with chocolate almond butter, top with chopped almonds and Enjoy!