Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Cheers Boo.
Crunchy, nutty, sweet, completely gluten free and dairy free! This biscotti recipe is a dream for anyone that likes almonds! It´s perfect for breakfast, snack and my favorite is to dunk into coffee, soaking up all the flavor that melts in your mouth when you take a bite. Enjoy!
For more information about all the goodies that almonds offer click here.
- ½ cup of coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp. date syrup or other liquid sweetener (honey, maple syrup, etc)
- ½ cup almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups almond flour made with the NutraMilk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Chocolate almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- Chopped almonds
- Making almond butter
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Preheat oven to 350 F (170 C).
- Mix together coconut sugar, date syrup and almond butter.
- In a separate bowl mix eggs and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture to almond butter mixture.
- Now add flour, baking powder and salt to the almond butter mixture.
- With wet hands - (because dough is sticky) form dough into a log ( 12 inches longish by 4 inches wide by ½ inch thick) on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 25 min.
- Take out log and let rest for 15 min.
- To make chocolate almond butter- add desired amount cacao powder (approx. 1 tsp for 1/2 cup of almond butter and sweetener of choice. Add a little water to thin and whisk till combined.
- Cut biscotti, drizzle with chocolate almond butter, top with chopped almonds and Enjoy!