September 14, 2020
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Energy Balls
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by The Lemon Bowl.
Grab one a few of these protein energy balls and some water before your next work out to get the fuel you need!
When you don’t have appropriate fuel for your exercise routine, it can result in the breakdown of muscle tissue and may even make you more prone to injury. Nutrition is essential when you are working out or training. For more information check out the following article ¨Fuel Your Work Out With The Nutramilk¨.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp. creamy peanut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 2 tbsp. flax seed meal
- 2 tbsp. Sunfood´s Superfood Smoothie Mix or any protein powder
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (assure they are GF if necessary)
- pinch sea salt
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Leave 3 tbsp. of peanut butter in the NutraMilk and store the rest for later use.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the NutraMilk along with the peanut butter and press ¨Mix¨ for 1 minute or less until all is well combined.
- Transfer mixture into a bowl to make it easier to scoop balls.
- Using a small ice cream scooper or two teaspoons, form into equal-size balls and place on a plate.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or up to 3 days covered with plastic wrap. Enjoy!