Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by The Lean Green Bean.
Take one of these delicious bars to-go for a quick post-work out snack to replenish nutrients lost.
The sweet potato and oats provide carbs to replenish your glycogen stores; the eggs, nut butter and smoothie mix provide the protein your body needs to rebuild muscle; all these ingredients combined provide other healthy nutrients such as heat-healthy fats, fiber, vitamins and mineral to round out this post-work out snack. Enjoy!
- 1 cup cooked, mashed sweet potato (approx 2 medium)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs*
- 1/3 cup nut butter of choice made with the NutraMilk (I used almond)
- 1/3 cup coconut yogurt or yogurt of choice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 6 tbsp. Sunfood´s Superfood Smoothie Mix
- Optional: peanut butter to drizzle on top
For almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making almond butter
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in the NutraMilk and press ¨Mix¨for 1 minute or less, until all ingredients are well-combined.
- Add baking powder and protein powder press ¨Mix¨ for a few seconds, until incorporated.
- Pour into a greased 9×9 baking pan (line the bottom with parchment paper for easy removal).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 13-15 minutes.
- Let cool, slice into 8 bars and drizzle with chocolate if desired.
Notes: If vegan- try recipe using an egg substitute such as flax egg. Mix 3 tbsp. of flaxseed meal with 6 tbsp. of water and let it sit for a few minutes until it thickens up. Flaxseed meal as an egg-replacement should be gooey, not watery, like the consistency of an egg.