August 28, 2020
Creamy Peanut Butter & Banana Stuffed French Toast
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
What´s better than French toast? Creamy peanut butter & banana stuffed french toast, of course! This mouth watering simple breakfast is high in protein thanks to the egg, peanut butter and almond milk and loaded with other healthy nutrients. Check out more information on all the goodness that peanuts provide, here.
For French toast
- 2 slices of sourdough bread or bread of choice
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1/ cup of almond or other plant-based milk made with the NutraMilk
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Vanilla
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- Take out peanut butter and store in airtight container.
- In a shallow bowl that fits your bread, beat together egg, milk, cinnamon and vanilla,
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dunk each slice of bread in egg mixture, soaking both sides. Place in pan, and cook one side until Golden Brown. Flip bread to cook on other side.
- At this point place 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (this is the recommended serving size per day) and sliced banana on one of the breads.
- Place the other bread on top to make a sandwich and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot. Drizzle a little peanut butter or maple syrup on top, if like. Enjoy!