Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Arman Liew.
Homemade rice crispy treats are a much healthier option for kids. This recipe is gluten-free, oil-free and refined-sugar free! The homemade almond butter makes these treats nutritious offering fiber, protein, and various vitamins and minerals. Use quantities below or make a bigger batch which you can freeze for a few months to have on hand for a delicious treat anytime!
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- 2 cups rice crispy cereal
- 1/2 cup almond butter made with the NutraMilk or sub for peanut or cashew butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or sub for agave nectar or brown rice syrup
- First, make almond butter if you don’t already have a batch made
- Place almonds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Line an 8 x 8-inch baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your crispy rice cereal and set aside.
- Stovetop or in the microwave, melt your nut butter with your syrup and then pour the mixture into the crispy rice cereal and mix well.
- Pour mixture into the lined baking tray and press firmly into place. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm up.