Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Making peanut butter caramels is easy to do and so much healthier than what you can buy at the store. No added unhealthy colorings, additives or chemicals. Just 2 ingredients: peanuts and powdered sugar. Enjoy!
- 2 cups toasted unsalted peanuts, skins removed
- 1½ cups confectioner’s sugar
- flakey sea salt (optional)
- Halloween sprinkles (optional)
- Wax paper/ cellophane or colored tissue paper to wrap candy
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk and process for 4 minutes.
- Add the sugar and continue processing until a compact paste is formed when pressed between your fingers.
- Put some of the paste into a 2-inch-diameter cookie cutter, filling it up about ¾ inch high. Press down with your hands until compacted. Remove the cutter carefully and repeat until all the paste is used. You can also roll in to a ball and press down with you’re your fingers to flatten.
- Place in the freezer for about 1 hour until firm.
- Wrap in cellophane or tissue paper like a sugar candy, then twist the ends. Enjoy!