October 10, 2019
Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Almond Butter Cups
Prepared & photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Fit Mitten Kitchen.
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 tsp. Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For the chocolate:
- 2 cups dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
For the filling:
- 3 Tbsp. pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)
- 1 Tbsp. molasses or maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup almond butter or your favorite nut/seed butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Start by making almond butter if you don’t have a batch made.
- For almond butter:
- Place almonds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Take out ¼ cup for this recipe and store the rest for later use.
- Line mini muffin pan with 12 paper liners, set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in microwave for 15 seconds at a time, about 1 minute total, stirring in between until chips have completely melted. (You can also melt in a small saucepan on stove over low heat, or a double boiler.
- Scoop about 1/2 tablespoon of melted chocolate into 12 muffin liners. (Scoop a little less and you should get about 16 cups.) Transfer pan to freezer and allow chocolate to set for 5 minutes.
- While bottom chocolate layer sets, make your filling: In a small bowl almond butter, pumpkin spice, pumpkin puree, and molasses or maple syrup and mix until mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- Take muffin pan out of freezer. Using 1/2 teaspoon, scoop a rounded ball of the pumpkin almond butter (equal to about 1 tsp) and place on solid chocolate. Gently press butter down a little bit with back of teaspoon to flatten. Cover in more melted chocolate, about another 1/2 tablespoon. Transfer pan back to freezer for another 5 minutes until set.
- When you are ready to eat- take out of freezer and leave at room temperature for about 30 minutes before eating. Enjoy!