Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Bakerita.
If you are craving Apple Crisp or something sweet but you don’t want to make a big dish, this is a perfect recipe for a quick & simple small serving. We have made our own almond flour with the NutraMilk as well as almond butter to give it more flavor, texture, and creaminess. It´s naturally sweetened, it´s gluten-free, vegan and delicious. Enjoy!
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 tsp. Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For the apples
- 1-2 apples, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
For the crust
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp. almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil, solid
First, make your almond butter if you don’t have a batch already made:
- Making almond flour & almond butter
- Place almonds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 1-2 minutes until you reach a thick flour-consistency and take out 1/2 cup for recipe.
- Press butter cycle once more for 12-13 minutes to continue with the butter.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a small glass casserole dish or two ramekins.
- Add the almond flour, oats, honey or maple syrup, almond butter, and salt to a bowl and whisk until combined. Add the coconut oil and use your fingers or a fork to work it in until coarse crumbs form and the mixture holds together when pressed.
- Combine sliced apples and honey or maple syrup in a bowl, tossing to coat completely. Place in the prepared dish or ramekins. Top with the crumble topping.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is lightly golden brown and the apples have cooked down. Tent with foil to prevent the topping from oven browning if necessary. Serve with coconut yogurt, cream, vanilla ice cream or anything you like!