April 12, 2019
Kale Salad with Almond Butter Dressing
Recipe prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- ½ cup almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1 ½-inch piece ginger, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
For kale salad
- 4 to 5 medium radishes
- 8 ounces kale (any type or a combination)
**I used just these 2 ingredients as it was what I had on hand but you can add dried cranberries, apples or strawberries, goat cheese, etc.
- Making almond butter
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Take out almond butter from the NutraMilk except for approximately ½ cup.
- Add rest of the ingredients to the NutraMilk and press mix for one minute until all ingredients are combined and smooth. Add water if you prefer a more liquid consistency.
- Prep the kale: after washing kale, remove the stem/ribs from every kale leaf. Chop kale into bite size pieces. Massage kale for about 30 seconds with your fingers to tenderize.
- Add any other ingredients and dressing. Toss salad and serve.