January 22, 2019
Apple, Celeriac & Pumpkin Seed Soup
Apple, Celeriac And Pumpkin Seed Soup
Recipe from Deliciously Ella.
I love this soup! Just a few simple nutritious ingredients that yield a lot of flavor. This recipe is inspired by Deliciously Ella but with a little twist. Instead of almond milk, we made our own fresh pumpkin seed milk which pairs so well with apple and celeriac and is a nutritional powerhouse - containing a wide range of vitamins and minerals, particularly rich in zinc, magnesium, manganese, copper and iron as well as a wide array of beneficial plant compounds known as phytosterols and antioxidants, which can give your health an added boost and protect you against disease.
- 2/3 cup (90g) pumpkin seeds for pumpkin seed milk made with the NutraMilk
- 1.5 quarts water (1.4L) for pumpkin seed milk made with the NutraMilk
- 1 celeriac, peeled and diced
- 2 red apples, cored, peeled and diced
- 750 ml pumpkin seed milk made with the NutraMilk
- 2 teaspoons of allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- salt and pepper
- Start by making fresh pumpkin seed milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place pumpkin seeds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container, add water. Replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Press Start and open spigot to fill your storage container.
- Place the celeriac and apples in a pan with the rest of ingredients and cook over medium heat for about 45-50 minutes until the celeriac and apples are really soft.
- Once cooked, remove from the heat and blend until smooth, adding a dash of water as needed until you reach the consistency you like best.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds and any fresh herbs.