Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
This is a great quick curry sauce to have on hand for cooking veggies or protein in, pouring over your favorite grain or adding to various dishes to boost flavor and creaminess. The subtle sweetness of cashews pairs perfectly with curry spices and adds all the nutrition goodness of this nut.
For more information about cashew health benefits, click here.
Turn this sauce into the classical Indian Tikka Masala sauce, check out the recipe here.
For curry sauce
- 1 cups cashew butter made with the NutraMilk
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- Pinch red pepper flakes
For cashew butter
- 2 cups (300g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For curried cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower
Making cashew butter
- Place cashews and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
Making cashew curry
- Add your lime juice, garlic, curry powder, coconut milk, pepper flakes, and some salt to the cashew butter in the NutraMilk.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and ¨Mix¨ until the mixture is very smooth and creamy. Keep adding water until you reach the consistency you want. Adjust seasoning if you need to.
- Store in jars or tupperware in your fridge or freeze to use later.
Making curried cauliflower
- Simply place cauliflower in a sauce pot and pour cashew curry sauce. Depending on how much water you used it will be more or less concentrated so keep that in mind. You can use ½ cup for example of the cashew curry sauce and add more water to just barely cover the cauliflower.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer until tender.
- Serve with your favorite grain. Enjoy!