Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- 1 head cauliflower – cut into florets
- 1/2 cup almond butter made with the NutraMIlk
- 2 tbsp. olive oil or sunflower oil
- 4 tsp. Tandoori seasoning*
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice or lime juice
- Fresh cilantro leaves or flat-leaf parsley – coarsely chopped for garnish
- Making almond butter
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond butter, oil, and tandoori seasoning. Depending on the texture of your almond butter, squeeze in some lemon juice or a tablespoon of water if you find the mixture a little dry. Toss the florets into the mixture and coat well.
- Adjust the top oven rack, so the cauliflower will be about 4-5 inches away from the heat. Preheat the oven for a few minutes on the low broil setting.
- While oven is preheating, spread out the cauliflower in a single layer on a foil-lined baking pan.
- Roast under the broiler for 10-12 minutes, until just tender and golden brown (remove from oven halfway to flip florets over). When cooked, sprinkle with coarse salt, squeeze lemon or lime juice over, and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves or parsley. Serve hot. Enjoy!
Notes: *If you don’t have tandoori seasoning- you can make it with a few spices such as equal amounts of (1tsp) ground ginger, ground cumin, ground coriander, paprika, turmeric, salt, and cayenne pepper.
Recipe inspired by Season with Spice.