July 31, 2020
Peach Salad with Almond Vinaigrette
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
- 4-5 ounces baby spinach and arugula mix
- 2 large peaches, sliced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 cup fresh almond milk made with the NutraMilk
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For almond Milk
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with almond milk.
- Add all dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk or add to the NutraMilk and ¨Mix¨ until all ingredients are well-combined.
- Preheat your BBQ/ grill to high. Cut the peaches in half and remove the seeds. Then cut each peach half into three wedges. Place the peaches in a medium-sized bowl and toss with the oil. Grill the peaches for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Place the baby spinach and arugula in a large salad bowl.
- Add grilled peaches, avocado, toss in walnuts.
- Serve with dressing on the side or toss salad first with dressing and serve with additional dressing on the side. Enjoy!