August 15, 2019
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
For pumpkin seed milk
- 2/3 cup pumpkin seeds (90 g)
- 1-quart water (946 mL)
- pinch of Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- 1 pre-baked pie crust (you can buy a gluten-free crust to make this recipe GF)
- 1 cup garbanzo bean/chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 1 cup pumpkin seed milk or any other plant-based milk made with the NutraMilk
- 1 cup caramelized onions or sautéed onions
- handful mushrooms of choice
- handful cherry tomatoes
For pumpkin milk
- Place pumpkin seeds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add water. Replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change this default time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Press Start and open spigot to fill your storage container.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Pre-bake your pie crust and caramelize or sauté your onions according to your preference.
- In a large bowl combine the chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, turmeric, salt, and baking powder and mix well.
- Pour in the pumpkin seed milk and mix until a thick batter forms. Add onions and fold into the batter evenly.
- When the pie crust is ready – pour batter and smooth out evenly with a spatula.
- Top with cherry tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Cover the edges of the pie crust so they do not burn, then bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then serve as desired. Enjoy!