Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk Nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Tortilla roll-ups are simple, quick to prepare and make a great party appetizer, on the go lunch or snack. You can make all kinds of roll-ups using different ingredients according to what you like.
For our recipe, we used the NutraMilk to make a pumpkin seed butter spread which blends perfectly with cream cheese and a few fresh veggies.
For pumpkin seed butter spread
- 2 cups (236g) raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
For tortilla roll-ups
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seed butter spread made with the NutraMilk
- 1/4 cup vegan cream cheese (regular cream cheese if not vegan)
- 1/2 cup lightly packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 cup sprouts of choice
- pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 2 large flour tortilla (you can aslo sub for gluten-free tortillas)
- Making pumpkin butter
- Place pumpkin seeds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 10-11 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- Add olive oil and any other seasoning you´d like.
- Press Mix cycle (Do not change default time) and start.
- If necessary, set for an additional 2-3 minutes for a creamier butter
- Divide all ingredients evenly for each tortilla.
- Spread the pumpkin seed butter on one side of each tortilla and cream cheese on the other side.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in the order you desire.
- Roll tortilla tightly and slice gently into 1 in pieces. Enjoy!