Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Just a few healthy ingredients to make these yummy lentil burgers. We used almond butter made with the NutraMilk to add a nutty flavor, nutrients plus it helps hold the ingredients together. These burgers are loaded with vitamins and minerals, fiber, plant-protein and and healthy fats from the almonds! Enjoy!
Check out our vegan mayo recipes to spread on these garden burgers.
- 1 cup cooked lentils, drained and rinsed plus ½ cup
- 1 cup white mushrooms
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp. almond butter
- ¼ cup green onions
seasonings of choice:
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making almond butter
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Take out, set aside 2 tbsp. for recipe and store the rest for later use.
- Add all ingredients into the NutraMilk and Mix till you until you get a nice moist “dough” consistency. At this point I added some more lentils, cause I like the texture (optional).
- Shape into 4- 6 equal patties. Line a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes, carefully flip, and bake for another 15 minutes. (Total cooking time is 30 minutes). Remove and serve right away, or allow to cool completely before wrapping in wax paper, placing in a plastic bag, and freezing. To heat from frozen, either use a toaster oven or microwave. You can also let them thaw in the fridge a few hours before and simply heat as well. Enjoy!