November 04, 2021
Cashew Vegetable Stir Fry
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Cotter Crunch.
This is one of our go-to dinner meals because it's simple, quick to make and a delicious way to include vegetables in your meal routine. Instead of using noodles we have spiralized veggies to have a similar texture and used fresh cashew butter made in the NutraMilk to create a creamy slightly sweet sauce - feel free to add protein of choice to this nutritious dish. Enjoy!
Check out all the healthy nutrients that cashew butter offers, here.
- 3 zucchini and/or yellow squash (spiralized into noodles)
- 1 cup chopped Napa cabbage (more if you want more veggies)
- 1/4 cup chopped red or green onion
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 4 tbsp. creamy cashew butter (or other nut or seed butte) made with the NutraMilk
- 1/2 to 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 2 tbsp. tamari (GF soy sauce) or coconut aminos
- 1 tsp agave nectar (optional).
- 1 tsp garlic (minced)
- 1/4 tsp five spice Asian seasoning
- dash of sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- optional topping – Asian chili sauce (gluten free)
For cashew butter
- 2 cups (300g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making cashew butter
- Place cashews and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Spiralize the zucchini and/or squash. Clean and press excess water from zucchini with paper towel.
- Next, chop your cabbage and red onion. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or skillet to medium high or high and add in your creamy nut butter, sesame oil, tamari, garlic, and chili flakes.
- Mix all together and let is melt in pan on medium to medium low, until combined.
- Toss in your onion and cabbage and stir fry on medium high for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in your zucchini noodles and remaining seasoning and spices.
- Stir fry all together for a few minutes until veggies are cooked and coated but not soggy. Remove and garnish with more chili flakes, cilantro, green onion, Thai pepper, splash of lime or lemon juice if desired. Drizzle with optional asian chili sauce for a nice kick!
- Keeps well in fridge in airtight container for up to 3-4 days.