Recipe by Elise Museles from Kale and Chocolate.
Tastes exactly like cookie dough only with superfood benefits! This magical combination not only floods your body with nutrients, but it also satisfies a sweet tooth while balancing your blood sugar. Add to toast, oats, smoothies, or enjoy by the spoonful!
Yields about 1½ cups
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ½ cup raw pecans
- ½ cup raw walnuts
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup goji berries
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (as necessary)
Start by roasting nuts:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, add the nuts in a single layer.
- Roast for about 8 to 10 minutes until fragrant and highly golden brown, stirring once halfway through. (This is for lightly roasted nuts.)
- Remove the nuts from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- NOTE: The nut butter can be made with raw nuts as well. Just make sure to adjust the butter setting from 3 to 4 minutes in The NutraMilk.
Make nut butter in the NutraMilk:
- Place the nuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Use the butter setting for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Once a creamy consistency is reached, add in the salt, cinnamon, flax meal, goji berries, cocoa nibs, maple syrup, and coconut oil.
- Mix for 1 to 2 additional minutes or until all the ingredients are well-incorporated. The nut butter should be smooth with small chunks of goji berries and cacao nibs visible.