Recipe prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
You can never go wrong with nut butter filled strawberries. They are delicious no matter which nut or seed butter you choose to use. This recipe is using a simple and nutritious almond walnut butter that is full of valuable nutrients including cardio-protective fiber, anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids, heart-healthy polyunsaturated fats, various vitamins, minerals and more.
You can also flavor or sweeten you nut butter filling any way you want to make this a delicious dessert. Check out our recipe book for ideas.
For almond walnut butter
- 1.5 cups (225g) almonds
- ½ cup (50g) walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For stuffed strawberries
- 10-12 strawberries, cored and hollowed
- ½ cup almond walnut butter or any nut/seed butter made with the NutraMilk
- ¼ cup cacao nibs, chocolate chips or chopped chocolate bar
- Make almond walnut butter or any nut/seed butter of choice to fill strawberries.
- Place almonds, walnuts, and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Set aside ½ cup of almond walnut butter for strawberries and store the rest for later use.
- Using a knife, slice the top or green part off of each strawberry. Remove part of the center of each strawberry with a small spoon or knife if necessary. Discard or save for another recipe.
- Scoop nut butter into center of each strawberry and sprinkle chocolate on top.
- Enjoy right away or place in fridge or freezer if you prefer the filling to harden slightly.