Images and recipe by Alphafoodie
*Servings 1 cup
The process for making any nut butter is SUPER simple and only relies on having a good blender/food processor. That's it!
- 2 cups peanuts
- Pinch of salt
- First have to remove the shells. Then they are ready to roast.
- Roast the peanuts in the oven at 160ºC (fan assisted) for 7-10 minutes. The longer you roast them, the deeper the color of the peanut butter.
- As soon as the peanuts come out of the oven, carefully peel them. The skin should just come off easily when you scrunch them in your hands or with a towel. Then used a hairdryer to remove the skins ( although, be warned, this can be messy! )
- Put the peanuts and a pinch of salt in the Nutramilk processor and blitz them until you obtain a smooth butter. The longer you blend it, the runnier the peanut butter becomes. Blend for between 2-3 minutes for the perfect consistency.
- Store in a glass container.
*Having some skins in the mix will add an interesting flavor and create a lovely rich color, so no need to panic about getting rid of every last bit!
See all tips and full recipe at Alphafoodie