Recipe prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Vanillacrunch.
For the filling:
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao butter
- 1 cup plant-based milk made with the NutraMilk
- 3/4 cup maple or rice syrup
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A pinch of fine sea salt
For the colors
- 1 tbsp. turmeric
- 1 tbsp. matcha powder
- ½ cup freeze-dried blueberries
- ½ cup freeze-dried strawberries
For the coating
- 1 cup of dark chocolate
- 2 tsp of coconut oil
- Place cashews in the NutraMilk container and press Butter Cycle for 4-5 minutes until cashew butter is made.
- Add the rest of the filling ingredients in the NutraMilk container and press Mix Cycle until everything is well combined.
- Pour and divide filling in 4 equal parts (for each of the colors) in separate dishes.
- Add color to each filling mixture and blend with hand blender/whisk or The NutraMilk.
- Pour fillings in bar silicone molds and freeze a few hours, preferably overnight.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat chocolate and coconut oil over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth; remove from heat. Using 2 forks, dip and roll frozen bar fillings, one at a time, into melted chocolate; tap off excess chocolate. Place on lined cookie sheet. If chocolate has cooled too much, reheat. Repeat with remaining bar fillings.
- Refrigerate bars about 10 minutes or until chocolate is set. Enjoy!