December 25, 2020
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Purely Kaylie.
This Asian-inspired dish cooks in a matter of minutes and will leave you completely satisfied thanks to the hearty peanut butter sauce. Its creamy, nutty, spicy and nutritious! Enjoy!
Check out the health benefits of peanut butter made with the NutraMilk here.
For peanut sauce
- 3/4 cup peanut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. sriracha sauce (or to taste)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- Rice noodles (amount desired depending how many are eating)
- 1 tbsp. oil (avocado, sesame, olive, etc.)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2–4 cups vegetables of your choosing*
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts, for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, for garnish
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Start by making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Prepare peanut sauce: Combine peanut butter, water, soy sauce, lime juice, maple syrup, sriracha sauce, garlic powder, and ground ginger in a bowl. Whisk together until smooth and creamy.
- Prepare vegetables: Warm oil on a frying pan. Add minced garlic and vegetables of your choosing. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes or until tender.
- Prepare noodles: While the vegetables are cooking, prepare noodles according to package instructions.
- Serve: Combine noodles and vegetables. Add as much peanut sauce as desired, then toss the ingredients to evenly coat everything. Serve with chopped peanuts and fresh cilantro.
*Use any vegetables including carrot, bell peppers, broccoli, snow peas, mushrooms, bok choy, edamame, baby corn, onion, and water chestnuts.