August 30, 2019
Lemony Garlic Hummus
Recipe by Elise Museles.
Plant-based protein and healthy fat come together in this easy to make nutrient-dense dip. Simply chop some veggies and whip up this zesty hummus, then serve it to your kiddos (and yourself!) for a satisfying after school snack!
- 1 ½ cups chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons water
- chopped parsley, paprika, and a drizzle of olive oil
- Add chickpeas and garlic to the NutraMilk container.
- Press butter cycle and let it run for one minute.
- Remove the lid and add the lemon juice, tahini, olive oil, cumin, zest, and water. Press butter cycle and run for an additional minute.
To make a grab and go snack:
Add about ¼ cup of hummus to the bottom of a 4-ounce mason jar. Fill several jars with vegetable strips and store covered in the refrigerator for up to three days.