February 05, 2020
Simple Homemade Roasted Tahini / Sesame Paste by Alphafoodie
Images and recipe by Alphafoodie
*Servings 1 cup
This homemade Tahini is Vegan, gluten-free, uses just ONE ingredient and less than 15 minutes. Plus, and possibly most importantly, it works out much cheaper than store-bought versions!
- 500g hulled sesame seeds
- Toast the sesame seeds over low heat for about 5 minutes until they are fragrant. Make sure to stir constantly so the seeds on the bottom don't burn.
- Blend in the Nutramilk processor until you obtain the consistency you like. The longer you blend, the smoother and runnier the tahini would be. Blend for about 7 minutes.
- Store the tahini in a glass container.
- It will last for up to 90 days in the fridge.
- **Separation of the oil is natural over time, just stir before you use it.