September 23, 2021
Espresso Almond Cashew Butter
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by A Beautiful Plate.
For all the coffee lovers- this is the nut butter for you! It has the perfect subtle expresso flavor in a sweet creamy homemade cashew almond butter. Enjoy!
- 1 cup (150 g) raw whole almonds
- 1 cup (150 g) raw whole cashews
- 1 tbsp. whole or ground espresso beans
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste or pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1-2 tsp. pure dark maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C) degrees with a rack in the center position. Spread the raw almonds and cashews on a half sheet pan. Toast for 10 to 12 minutes, tossing them halfway through, or until the nuts are lightly golden and fragrant.
- Allow the nuts to cool for 1 to 2 minutes and then transfer them to the NutraMilk and process for 5 minutes. Add the espresso beans and process a few more minutes until you get the creamy consistency you desire.
- Add vanilla extract, salt and maple syrup if using and process 30 seconds until well combined. Enjoy!