Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
- 2 cups (220g) pecans, roasted
- 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips or 2 tbsp. cacao powder*
- 1 tsp coconut oil, or other veg-safe oil
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- Roast pecans at 265° F (130° C) for 20-22 minutes. Watch closely so you don’t burn them. Set aside.
- Add the 1/2 cup of chocolate chips & 1 tsp of coconut oil to a small pot. Melt over low heat. You want to remove the pot from heat while there are still some chunks of chocolate chip remaining as they will continue to melt as you mix.
- Place pecans and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set 1-2 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open container lid. Add melted chocolate and salt to the pecan butter in the NutraMilk and press ¨Mix¨ for 1 minute or less.
- If, necessary, set for an additional 1 minute for a creamier butter.
- Scoop into a container and store in the fridge. Note that this will firm up your pecan butter, so allow it to sit at room temperature a bit in order to let it soften before use.
*You can use cacao powder instead of chocolate chips or chopped chocolate if you prefer or are following a paleo or keto diet. Add directly to the pecan butter and you can also sweeten a bit with maple syrup, honey or whatever you like.