September 10, 2021
Football-Shaped Vegan Cheese
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Football-shaped plant-based cheese is just what you need for your next football-themed gathering. Cashew-based cheese made with the NutraMilk, is perfect for all sorts of diets your guests may have (vegan, paleo, keto-friendly). Enjoy!
Check out the health benefits of cashews, here.
For football-shaped cheese
- 1 cup cashew butter made with the NutraMilk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 cloves yield ~1 Tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (plus more to taste)
- 3-4 tbsp. nutritional yeast (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (plus more to taste)
- 1 4-oz. jar pimento peppers (drained)
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
For coating (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped raw walnuts or pecans
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 healthy pinch sea salt
- vegan cream cheese or string cheese to make white line
- Place the cashews in the NutraMilk container and press Butter Cycle for 2 minutes.
- Open lid and add nutritional yeast, coconut oil, garlic, pimento peppers, and spices into container and press Butter Cycle for approximately 1-2 more minutes, until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a sheet of plastic wrap. Gently wrap plastic around mixture and press it into a football shape. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- After refrigeration- gently peel away plastic wrap and transfer the football to a plate, reshape if necessary.
- Mix all coating together and press into all sides of football. Make white lines with vegan cheese. Transfer to plate and serve with crackers, chips and/or fresh veggies.
Recipe inspired by Minimalist baker.