February 25, 2020
Cashew Cream Cheese Spread On Toast by Foodmarshall
Images by Jordan Braun and Recipe by Anna Marshall from Foodmarshall
*Servings 2 cups
*Total Time 15 minutes
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (about juice 1 lemon)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp minced shallots or red onion or 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Pinch sea salt + ground black pepper
- Some filtered water to blend (about ¼ cup water or more)
- Optional add-in: 2 tsp miso paste (or chickpea miso for soy-free alternative) and 2 tbsp
- chives, chopped
For the Cashew Cream Cheese:
- Place raw cashews in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Once that cycle is done, add in the rest the ingredients and press “Mix” until well combined.
For Pastel Color Variation to the Spreads:
- Separate ½ cup cashew cream cheese into 4 separate mixing bowls). Add in the following super-food powders.
- Stir in 1-2 tsp beet powder until well combined.
- Stir in 1-2 tsp @e3live blue-majik powder until well combined.
- Stir in 1-2 tsp matcha powder until well combined.
- Stir in 1-2 tsp turmeric powder until well combined
- Garnish using sliced radishes, yellow, red & orange bell peppers, capers, black olives, beets, carrots, cucumber, fresh parsley or rosemary.